Blogs are the most important tool used to attract traffic towards website as well as new customers to website. An engaging blog not only builds reputation, but can catapult into business profit by increasing the visibility of the website. Blogs are the need for eCommerce sites.
Take a stroll through the manners you can get the readers truly hooked to your blog:
1. Keep your content relevant to your target audience: If an article is not related to your audience, they won’t read your blog. Some may read it, but they won’t come back when they see it’s a one-time post.
2. Blog comments: Comments help in bringing readers come back to see the replies. Reply every comment and also ask questions on the blog. It encourages readers to revisit the blog.
3. Integrate Multimedia: Multimedia gets more attention than words. Multimedia is much better than just the plain content. Multimedia catches attention of readers and keeps them on your blog longer. The visitors may or may not read your thousand word blog, but they love to watch videos or listen audios of the same blog.
4. Build link to the other part of blog: Offer visitors a place to go after reading your blog, but do ensure that the page is related to your blog. For instance, a visitor reads a blog, after that clicks on the given link and reaches the other page where they find a related article. Out here, they may share their ideas and ask questions regarding the blog.
5. Blog Design: A good blog design can catch readers attention easily and instantly. If a blog is unattractive, difficult to read, readers turn off from the blog. Make sure that your blog is clean, easy to understand and well-structured.
6. Co-operate with your readers: Help your readers by replying to them on comments or emails. You can also write a blog regarding their problems. Build a good relation with your visitors. It helps build good reputation and readers will come back to your blog.
7. Add links to your blog: Interlink old blog with a new blog. This will help readers to know more about your blog. But make sure the blog you are interlinking with must be related to the new blog.
8. Navigation between posts: Include navigation option at the bottom of the blog. It should be easy for the readers to visit the other blog without going back to the main page.
9. Make use of plugins: When a visitor is done with reading a blog, you expect them to move to the other post. A reader will not come to know about other blogs just like that, so do this for the readers by installing post plugins. It helps readers to access another blog with one simple click.
10. Offer variety: They say variety is the spice of life. So keeping this in mind, create different types of content: videos, infographics, lists/checklists, case studies, customer success stories and so much more and see how they get hooked.
These are the points which helps in keeping readers on your blog and make them come back. But the most important factor is quality content. It makes your blog popular and increase visitors to your blog.