With more than 4 million downloads worldwide, Magento is celebrated as the most prominent e-commerce solution today. Indeed, with Magento 2, the platform promises to ascend with new and advanced features, thereby giving a platform which will be packed with a huge array of features.
Magento 2 is developed with the objective to empower developers with a cutting edge solution. The expert team of Magento is working hard in structuring crucial architectural changes to decrease the upgrade efforts, enhance the performance, simplify the customization process, upgrade the technology stack and to make the engagement with the developer community better.
Lets have a look at 7 crucial updates and features of Magento 2.
1. Renewed Technology Stack
The technology stack of Magento 2 includes the latest version of jQuery, PHP, CSS3, etc. Here is the enhancement which we will be seen in the fresh version of Magento:
• Magento 2 is based on HTML 5 and is entirely responsive.
• The fresh version comes with CSS3 which improves the page load speed. Along with that it will offer a bunch of new visual effects: multiple backgrounds, reflections, shadows, etc.
• Require JS library is another great feature of Magento 2. It loads JS resources non synchronously, thereby improving the page load time.
• It supports PHP 5.5 (minimum requirement is 5.4.11) , because of which the overall performance of the site gets enhanced.
• It supports MySQL 5.6 and therefore improves the MySQL engine performance.
• With the inclusion of PSR compliance, Magento 2 becomes easier to learn.
2. Enhanced Customization process
Magento 2 has an improved customization feature. With this developers will be able to use Magento for faster and specific needs of the merchants. Here is what has been done:
• In Magento 2 there will be a layered navigation and modularized search interface. Because of this search feature will be more customizable.
• With this new version you get the enhanced APIs for better integrations with external systems.
• XML validation is another significant addition to the new version.
• The modular code of Magento 2 decreases cross-module reliance and allows developers to make targeted changes without having an impact on the codes. This gives a cleaner interfaces among multiple extensions with better customization and higher flexibility.
3. Simpler Front-end development
In Magento 2 front-end development is more attainable with less CSS preprocessor and modern HTML5 themes.
• With the help of Magento 2 developers will have better and more opportunities for an easier customization for the look and feel. THis would be done without altering the core functionality of the site. The front-end coding is less complex and more autonomous in the new version.
• The fresh features make CSS more maintainable and expendable in a theme-friendly manner. The CSS- preprocessor increase the speed the front-end development and enhances multilevel theme inheritance
• The fresh version incorporates Blank Theme, which will allow developers to start with a stripped down theme. It also allows you to start with all necessary features and customization.
• The UI Library of Magento includes a number of components (tables, typography, forms, etc.) and specific patterns (navigation, rating, message). This provides the ability to change almost all the elements of Magento 2 front-end or alter existing things much faster.
4. Demands less cost and efforts for upgrades
The new version of the Magento will be a boon to the industry, it would demand for less effort and money. The new version will make it easier to reform the core Magento software specifically for installing and upgrading extensions.
• The new version of Magento comprises of enhanced information on versioning policies and compatibility of upgrades, thereby, allowing developers to be more dedicated and will be anticipating the entire upgrade scenario.
• The developers working on the extension will be able to provide a detailed version of compatibility information in their codes as the component of the “composer” module in PHP. This gives a beforehand idea about the potential impact of the extension to its developers.
• Magneto 2 makes the installation much easier than before, retailers on the current platform of Magento can migrate to Magento 2 by first transferring all standard records.
5. Better Performance and Scalability
The upcoming Magento will be launched with an improved native performance and scalability.
• The new indexers of Magento 2 comprises of similar functionality as the former enterprise version had. However, it has been improved to deliver high speed query performance and more systematic updates.
• The fresh set of performance test script will be used to test code changes, optimise system performance and create test environments to verify.
• It will include integration with Varnish Cache, this will make a faster display of pages and lower down server load by caching customary requests.
• More than one Admin will be allowed to update products and the basic concern will be to reduce data conflict.
• The new version comes with an improved level of performance and reduced load on the server. This cuts an extra investments in additional servers.
6. Better quality, documentation and testing resources
Magento 2 comprises of testing for integration, units, static environments, functional area and performance criteria. For the fast development, the testing framework of Magento 2 supports unit testing practices and continuous integration. Moreover, it includes all the necessary documentation.
Magento 2 comprises of a Pre-packed series of test scripts for users to use it in testing practices and development cycle. The series incorporates test for integration, static environments, units and performance criteria. Furthermore, it supports unbroken integration and testing practice for faster development and less time is devoted on QA.
7. Rise in community engagements
Another crucial feature of Magento 2 is that it has an increased engagement with the community. The deeper engagement with the Magento community value your feedbacks. As they believe that the success of Magento will be grounded in the success of their developers and partners.
With an unending array of improved feature offered by Magento 2, the platform is worth waiting. However Magento 2 will be released by the end of this year, perhaps the beginning of 2016.