Does your business shines because of customer’s online word of mouth? How important are customer reviews for you?
Most businesses have adopted to online mediums to market their products and services. It widely affects how clients see products, services and businesses. Furthermore, how your business is expressed and perceived by the customers in their views and reviews further influences the buying decision of other customers.
Customer reviews are indeed powerful tool to win the conversion battle. More positive reviews you earn, the better you get in the eyes of new customers and the more you influence them to purchase from your website.
• Consumers reviews are trusted 12 times more than product description. (eMarketer)
• About 79% of consumer trust online customers reviews over a personal recommendation.
• According to Search Engine Land on an average 6 reviews are read before making a decision by 67% of the online consumers.
• 9 out of 10 customers, deciding which company will get their business, read online reviews of that company first.
• 81% of people said they prefer taking friend’s and follower’s advice related to a product purchase via social media. (Click Z)
• 67% spend more when they receive a positive overview from an online community of friends. (Internet Retailer)
• 44% of mothers use social media platforms for product recommendation, 73% of them trust recommendation given by the online community. (BabyCenter LLC)
What is the importance of customer reviews?
• It influences others to buy from your store.
• Gives you an idea about customer’s taste and needs.
• Tells you what is important for the customer.
• Gives you an idea how you can make your product better.
• Tells you how well your product is performing in the market.
• Gives you a better understanding about how your customers rate your products and services.
• At times, reviews also tell about customer service, which itself evaluates how company’s employees treat their customers.
Tips to Gather More Reviews:
• You ask for it, you get it.
• Give a direct access of link to review website.
• Use social media platforms.
• Offer customer service with a suggestion card.
• Follow up, but don’t irritate them.
• Coach your staff to ask for reviews, propose target incentives
• Be patient! It is a long term strategy just like SEO.
Once you receive reviews start monitoring them. Here are some tips to monitor online reviews:
• Regularly check for new reviews, weekly update will be a good option.
• While going through various websites, note down how old are the positive reviews.
• Older reviews are weak to have an impact.
How to deal with the Bad Reviews?
• Don’t ignore them!
• Address them properly without any delay.
• Send a quick, polite response. Ask what went wrong and make it right at the earliest. (Show them that you care about your customers. Perhaps this might gain you a positive review at the end).
• Offer a discount or a refund on future services.
Win them with a courteous tone
If any review causes a strong negative emotion, remain calm and respond to the reviewer in a civil manner.
The crux is that positive customer reviews build loyalty and trust of other customers to buy from your store. It has a direct connection with your marketing efforts and generating high conversion rates.
You can also work on the presentation of the reviews to enhance them and get them noticed among your customers. For instance, if you are an owner of the Magento based E-Commerce website, Community Testimonial Extension can give your reviews a new look on your website, thereby helping in building customer trust.
So try to make a online brand image that flourishes through positive online word of mouth.