The most popular & common word, which you heard many times that is eCommerce. Sometimes it is called web-based commerce because it is an activity of doing business on internet. Ecommerce changes our shopping tradition properly, people prefer shop from online store rather than offline.
Ecommerce includes business-to-business, business-to-consumer, and consumer-to-consumer transactions that involve the buying and selling of goods and services, the transfer of funds, and the exchange of ideas.
There are number of facts about eCommerce that you didn’t know.
1) Although eCommerce launched in 1995, Amazon wasn’t able to turn a profit until 2003.
2) Around $4,423 was transacted per second via PayPal during the third quarter of 2012.
3) E-commerce sales will pass the 1 trillion euro ($1.25 trillion) in 2013, & 32% sales increases from the previous year.
4) Mobile sales are expected to rise 55.7% this year.
5) The total number of Internet users will increase to approximately 3.5 billion from around 2.2 billion at the end of 2011.
6) More than 95% of Twitter users visit retail websites as compared to the general Internet population.
7) Approximately 46% of online users count on social media when making a purchase decision.
8) Consumers spend between $1,200 and $1,300 on online shopping per year.
9) Ecommerce is predicted to represent 10% of all US retail by 2017.
10) More than 71% seller believe that they’ll get a better deal online than in offline stores.
11) The fastest growing eCommerce market is India, and the slowest eCommerce growth in France.
12) ‘Apparel and Accessories’ is the fastest growing eCommerce sector.
13) More than 46% people drop the site at the checkout point due to long checkout process.
14) E-commerce sales made by apple were up by 19 percent during the first fiscal quarter of 2014 alone – accounting for $4.4 billion in revenue.
15) Online sales from social networks will grow 93% percent per year.
16) 80% online population has used the internet to make a purchase, and 50% population has purchased online more than once.
17) 84.5% Apple products that is iPhones, iPods & iPads are most commonly used for mobile commerce.
18) 62% of people purchase from the store, which provide free shipping service to their customers.
19) 45% of online shopper want an online customer service chat or IM features.
20) 34% of tablet owners in the United States use their devices to shop during the weekend. As for PC owners, the number is 24%.
21) 62% of the U.S. women surveyed said that they pay attention to online discount and promotional news. For men, the amount was 57%.
If you have any other point, which you want to add here so, please comment below.